Crochet Monday

I made a monster for a swap last week and took advantage of the hosts encouragement to just use a provided pattern as a guideline. I say I took advantage because the only thing I followed in the tute was the shape of the monster. Uh, the rest is, well, my own invention.

We were expected to send it unstuffed for mailing purposes. So, it’s unstuffed in the pics.

20110402-011245.jpg

I used crochet flowers, beads and embroidery to adorn my little drool monster. I hope my swap partner liked it.

20110402-011425.jpg
(Blurry iPhone pic. Hrm)

I used some patterns in that 100 flowers to knit and crochet book. Specifically the apple blossom (my personal fave so far), the meconopsis and the buttercup. Two of each! The larger meconopsis was made with a larger hook. It was too loose so I grabbed a smaller hook and liked the subsequent flowers better.

I’m going to make a few more flowers from this book before I do a review, so look for that in the future.

Advertisements